Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer Reading List: End of July Update

The conclusion of July 2009 comes tomorrow and if nothing else than the fact that I've been commuting two to three times a week, I'm not sad that it's coming to an end. With the end of July upon us, summer is also drifting along and looking towards its demise as are the titles that make up my summer reading list. After taking a leisure break to read Young, Restless, Reformed by Collin Hansen, I now am embarking on the final two selections of my list. The Courage To Be Protestant will be first and I plan to begin reading it within the next day or so. Finally, I'll finish up with What Is A Healthy Church Member?. Thus far I have been very pleased with the books I chose to read this summer and plan to give further thoughts in a post at the conclusion of my reading list and summer.

Also, in an attempt to begin preparing myself for seminary studies (how can you ever fully prepare?), I have decided to use the upcoming fall semester as a time to read dead guys and biographies. By this I mean, I plan on reading classic works by great men who have departed us to spend eternity in Glory and biographies of notable Church history leaders, etc. I pray that this will be a time that will deeply encourage me as I conclude my undergraduate work and begin looking towards the future.

0 comments:

About Standing Firm

Standing Firm was created to be a source of theological truth in a world that is filled with philosophies and empty deceit. God's Word is filled with charges to those that are called by His name to stand firm and to not be conformed to this world. We must heed the charge of the Apostle Paul to the church in Rome: "I appeal to you therefore brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a spiritual sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, so that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good, acceptable and perfect" (Romans 12:1-2).

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP